The P0174 code is a generic code that indicates that the engine is running too lean on both banks. This can be caused by several different things, but the most common cause is a vacuum leak. Other possible causes could include a dirty or faulty air filter, a leaking fuel injector, or a faulty mass air flow sensor. If the code is set, the engine will run poorly and may stall.
People like you are also looking for:
- error code p0174
1. Check for intake leaks and repair as necessary
- Start the car and allow it to idle for a few minutes.
- Check the emissions levels.
- Inspect the fuel lines for cracks or leaks.
- Check the air filters.
- Check the coolant levels.
- Check the oil levels.
- Check the spark plugs.
- Check the water pump.
- Check the timing belt.
- Check the camshaft.
- Check the crankshaft.
- Check the pistons.
- Check the valves.
- Check the wiring.
2. Check for exhaust leaks and repair as necessary
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Check for exhaust leaks around the engine and exhaust system.
- If there are any leaks, repaired as necessary.
- Reattach the negative battery cable.
3. Check and clean the MAF sensor
- Remove the air cleaner cover.
- Locate the MAF sensor on the air cleaner housing.
- Inspect the MAF sensor for damage.
- If the MAF sensor is damaged, replace the sensor.
- Clean the air cleaner housing and MAF sensor assembly with a clean cloth.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check and clean the throttle body
- Check and replace the O2 sensor
- Check fuel pressure and replace the fuel pump if necessary
- Check for vacuum leaks and repair as necessary
- Replace the PCV valve
- Replace the EGR valve