QuickBooks Error 6073 happens when the user tries to access a company file stored on another computer and the hosting is not turned on. This error code is usually caused by incorrect hosting setup or when the hosting is turned off.
You are here because you have a question about:
- quickbooks error code 6073
- quickbooks error 6073
1. Check your internet connection and make sure it is working properly
- Open Google Chrome and type “netstat” into the address bar.
- Click on the “Network” tab and find the “IP Address” column.
- To test your internet connection, type “ping google.com” into the address bar.
- If the ping test is successful, then your internet connection is working properly. If the ping test fails, then there may be a problem with your internet connection. Try to reset your internet connection by turning off and on your modem, and then restarting your computer. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to call your internet service provider (ISP).
2. Make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest version
- In QuickBooks, on the Help menu, click Check For Updates.
- In the Check For Updates dialog box, click thebutton.
- In the Update QuickBooks dialog box, click thebutton.
- In the Confirm Update dialog box, click thebutton.
- In the Update QuickBooks dialog box, if theis set to, QuickBooks prompts you to update. Click thebutton to continue.
- If theis set to, QuickBooks updates the program automatically. Click thebutton to continue.
- If theis not set to, QuickBooks opens the Update QuickBooks dialog box, and you can update the program by clicking thebutton.
- In the Update QuickBooks dialog box, follow the instructions to update the program.
- If the update is successful, the message Update Succeeded appears in the Update QuickBooks dialog box. If the update is not successful, the message Update Failed appears, and you need to try the update again.
3. Try restarting your computer
- Shut down your computer and power it off.
- Unplug your computer’s power cord.
- Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to power off your computer.
- Remove the hard drive or any other external storage devices.
- Locate your computer’s power cord and plug it in.
- Boot your computer up.
- If you are using Windows, open the Start menu and type “reboot”.
- If you are using macOS, open the Apple menu and select “Reboot”.
- Enter your computer’s password when prompted.
- After your computer restarts, check to see if the quickbooks error 6073 has been fixed.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Try opening QuickBooks in Safe Mode.
- Try opening the company file in another computer.
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Contact QuickBooks Support.