QuickBooks Error H202usually happens when QuickBooks is trying to access the company file stored on another computer and that computer is not turned on or accessible. Sometimes this error can also happen if the hosting is turned off on the main computer.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- quickbooks error code h505
- quickbooks error code h202
- quickbooks error h202
1. Restart your computer and your QuickBooks software
- On your computer, open the Start menu and click the “Shutdown” button.
- On the Shutdown window that opens, click the “Restart” button.
- On the Restart window that opens, click the “Yes” button.
- After your computer restarts, open your QuickBooks software.
- On the QuickBooks main screen, click the “Help” button.
- In the Help screen, click the “Restart QuickBooks” button.
- On the Restart QuickBooks screen, click the “Yes” button.
- After your QuickBooks software restarts, the QuickBooks error message “H202” should be fixed.
2. Check your internet connection and make sure it is working properly
The first step is to open up your internet browser and type in "cmd" into the search bar. Once you've found it, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open up the command prompt. The next step is to type "netstat -an" and press Enter. This will open up a window that will show all of your active network connections. If you are having problems connecting to the internet, there may be something wrong with your network connection. You can try troubleshooting your network connection by checking your connection status, checking your network settings, and restarting your network adapter. If those solutions don't work, you may need to contact your ISP or a technician to fix your network connection.
3. Try opening your QuickBooks file in another computer to see if the error still occurs
- Navigate to the QuickBooks file you wish to open.
- Select the file and click Open.
- If the error still occurs, fix it according to the instructions below. If the error does not occur when you try to open the QuickBooks file in another computer, then the problem is likely with your computer and not with the QuickBooks file.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Update your QuickBooks software to the latest version.
- Repair your QuickBooks software.
- Uninstall and then reinstall your QuickBooks software.