The QuickBooks Error Code H505 happens when the user is trying to access the company file stored on another computer. The error message says that the company file needs to be updated to the new version of QuickBooks. It also says that the user needs to ask the administrator of the company file to update it. This error can be caused by many things, but the most common reason is that the company file is not updated to the latest version of QuickBooks.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code h505
- quickbooks error h505
1. Restart your computer and QuickBooks
- On your computer, open Windows Start Menu and search for "QuickBooks."
- When QuickBooks is found, click on the "QuickBooks" icon.
- In the QuickBooks window, click on the "Help" button.
- In the QuickBooks Help window, click on the "Restart QuickBooks" button.
- In the "Restart QuickBooks" window, click on the "Yes" button.
- After your computer restarts, QuickBooks will open and you will be able to correct the error.
2. Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- Log into your QuickBooks account.
- Click the "Help" button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the "QuickBooks Update" link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your QuickBooks software.
- If you encounter any errors while updating your software, be sure to contact QuickBooks customer service for help.
3. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Launch QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Click the “Scan” button to start the scan.
- Review the scanned results.
- If needed, click the “Fix” button to fix the errors.
- Click the “Close” button to finish the process.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Update your computer to the latest release of Windows
- Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Configure your firewall to allow QuickBooks access
- Disable your antivirus software temporarily
- Contact QuickBooks Technical Support