Rheem tankless water heater error code 13 is a problem with the water heater's gas valve. This error code means that the gas valve is not opening properly. This can be caused by a number of things, including a clogged gas line, a faulty gas valve, or a problem with the electrical connection to the gas valve. If you see this error code, you should call a qualified technician to come and take a look at your water heater.
You are here because you have a question about:
- rheem tankless hot water heater error code 13
- rheem tankless water heater error code 13
1. Check the gas supply to the unit
- Verify that there is a gas supply to the unit
- Inspect the gas line to the unit for any obstructions
- Check the gas pressure at the unit
- Check the gas flow rate at the unit
- Inspect the unit's gas valve for any malfunctions
2. Clean or replace the unit's gas valve
- Turn off the power to the rheem tankless water heater.
- Remove the cover plate on the gas valve.
- Clean any debris that may be present on the valve.
- Replace the gas valve if necessary.
3. Clean or replace the unit's flame sensor
- Shut off the power to the unit.
- Remove the cover on the unit.
- Locate the flame sensor.
- Remove the flame sensor.
- Clean the sensor with a clean cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of thermal compound to the sensor.
- Replace the flame sensor.
- Reconnect the power to the unit.
4. Clean or replace the unit's igniter
- Remove the unit from the wall.
- Remove the cover plate.
- Remove the igniter.
- Clean the igniter with a cloth or a vacuum cleaner.
- Install the igniter.
- Reinstall the cover plate.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Have the unit serviced by a qualified technician.