The 8e error code on a Samsung washer indicates that the washer is not draining properly. This can be caused by a number of things, including a clogged drain hose or pump, a problem with the drain pump, or a problem with the control board. If the washer is not draining properly, it will not be able to spin the clothes properly and will throw this error code.
1. Restart the washing cycle
- Turn off the washer and unplug the power cord.
- Open the door of the washer.
- Turn the water on to the washer.
- Lift the front of the washer off the frame.
- Remove the three screws that hold the pump in place.
- Remove the pump.
- Place the new pump in the same position as the old pump.
- Replace the screws and the front of the washer.
- Plug the power cord in and turn on the water to the washer.
- Close the door of the washer.
2. Clean the inlet screens
- Unplug the washer from the power outlet and all other connected devices.
- Open the front door of the washer.
- Remove the inlet screen by gently pulling it out of its housing.
- Clean the screen with a detergent and water solution.
- Reinstall the inlet screen by aligning the tabs and pushing it into the housing.
- Close the front door of the washer.
- Plug the washer back into the power outlet and all other connected devices.
3. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not kinked or clogged
- Open the Samsung washer 8e door and locate the drain hose.
- Inspect it for kinks, obstructions, and any other damaged areas.
- If there are any issues, unclog the drain hose using a plunger or a vacuum cleaner.
- Reattach the drain hose to the Samsung washer 8e and close the door.
- Test the washer to see if the issue has been resolved.
4. Clean the drain pump filter
1.Turn off the water supply to the washer. 2.Remove the water inlet hose from the drain pump. 3.Remove the drain pump from the washer. 4.Locate the drain pump filter and unscrew it from the housing. 5.Remove the grit and debris from the filter. 6.Replace the filter and screw it back into the housing. 7.Replace the drain pump into the washer. 8.Turn on the water supply to the washer. 9.Check for leaks.
5. Run a diagnostic test cycle
- Open the Samsung washer 8e error code support page on our website.
- On the page, you will be able to find a list of diagnostic tools that you can use to help diagnose the issue.
- Choose the diagnostic tool that you need to use and follow the instructions on the tool.
- After you have completed the diagnostic test, you will be able to find the solution to the issue on the Samsung washer 8e error code support page.