Sims 4 error code 510 is an error that can occur when trying to install or update the game. This error is usually caused by a corrupt or missing game file.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- sims 4 error code 510
- sims 4 game failed to save error code 510
1. Try restarting your computer and opening the game again
- Press the power button to turn on your computer.
- When the computer starts up, open the Start menu and click on the All Programs menu.
- Find the Sims 4 game and click on it.
- Click on the “Sims 4” icon on the desktop.
- Select the “Settings” option from the menu that appears.
- Click on the “Debug” tab.
- In the “Console” window, type “start Sims 4” and press the “Enter” key.
- If the game is started successfully, the message “No errors” will appear in the console. If there are errors, they will be listed in the console.
- To stop the game, type “stop Sims 4” and press the “Enter” key.
- Close the “Console” window.
- Restart your computer.
- Open the game again and try to fix the errors.
2. Update your game to the latest version
- Go to your game folder on your computer.
- Open the "update.exe" file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- If you are prompted to restart your computer, do so.
- Once the update is installed, go to the "Sims 4" game folder and start the game.
- If the game does not start, try reinstalling it.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package file
- Launch the Sims 4 game and go to the My Computer tab.
- In the Folder column, click on C:
- In the File column, click on localthumbcache.package
- Right-click on localthumbcache.package and select Delete.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Delete the Sims 4 folder in Documents.
- Run the game in Compatibility Mode.
- Disable your antivirus software temporarily.
- Reinstall the game.