Skyforge error code 8 is a game server error that occurs when the game cannot connect to the server. This can happen for a number of reasons, including server maintenance or downtime, a connection issue on the player's end, or an issue with the game itself.
1. Ensure that you have the latest version of the game installed
- Open the Steam client and log in.
- In the main menu, select Games and then select the "Activate a Product" button.
- Enter the activation key that was sent to your email.
- Select the "Skyforge" product from the list.
- Click the "Install" button.
- Enter the installation location for "Skyforge" and click "OK."
- Click the "Play" button to start the game.
- If you experience any problems, follow the instructions in the "Troubleshooting" section below.
2. If you are using a Windows operating system, try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7
- Open the task manager by pressing the Windows key + R and typing “taskmgr”.
- In the task manager, select the “Performance” tab.
- In the “Performance” tab, click on the “Settings” button.
- In the “Settings” dialog box, click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- In the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Windows 7” box and then click on the “OK” button.
- Close the task manager.
- Run the game by clicking on the “skyforge” icon on the desktop.
- If the game crashes, try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 again.
3. Try deleting the game's temporary files
The first step would be to open up the "File Explorer" on your computer. The next step would be to navigate to the folder where Skyforge is installed. The next step would be to delete any temporary files that may be present. The last step would be to restart Skyforge if it was installed on your computer.
4. Verify the game files through Steam
- Open Steam and sign in.
- In the top left corner of the Steam window, click the Games tab.
- In the Games list, click Skyforge.
- On the Skyforge main menu, click the Help menu.
- In the Help menu, click Check Game Files.
- If the game appears to be installed correctly, Steam will report an error code. If the game files appear to be correct, Steam will report a success code.
- If the game files appear to be incorrect, Steam will report an error code and provide instructions on how to fix the error.
5. Reinstall the game
- Launch the game and sign in.
- Click on the "Help" tab and select "Troubleshooting Guide."
- Click on the "Reset License" button.
- Click on the "Install Game" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the game has been installed, click on the "Play" button to start playing.
- If you are still experiencing the skyforge error code 8, please contact customer support.