Softether error code 1 is a VPN connection error that can occur for a number of reasons. The most common reason is that the VPN server is not reachable. This can be due to a problem with the VPN server's internet connection, or because the server is down. Other possible causes include a firewall blocking the VPN connection, or a problem with the VPN client's settings.
You are here because you have a question about:
- vpn gate error code 1
- softether error code 1
1. Check the softether log for more information
- Open a Command Prompt window and type "netstat -an" to see if there is any error or problem with the network.
- If there is an error, look for an entry that says "TCP/IP" and see if there is an error code associated with it.
- If there is an error code, look for a line that says "softether" and see if there is an error message associated with it.
- If there is an error message, try to resolve the issue by following the instructions that are provided in the error message.
2. Check the server status
- Open Command Prompt and type "netstat -an" to view the network status.
- If you see any errors, fix them.
- Type "ping -t" to check if the network is up.
- Type "ping -c 3 www.google.com" to check if the website is up.
- If the website is not up, try to fix the network connection.
- If the website is not up and the network connection is not fixed, then check the server status.
- Type "netstat -an | find "tcp" | find "LISTEN" | more" to see if the server is using TCP or UDP.
- If the server is using TCP, type "netstat -an | find "tcp" | more" to see if there are any errors.
- If the server is using UDP, type "netstat -an | find "udp" | more" to see if there are any errors.
- If the server is using TCP and there are errors, try to fix the TCP connection.
- If the server is using TCP and there are no errors, try to fix the server status.
3. Check the client status
- In order to check the client status, open the Command Prompt and type "netstat -ano | find "softether"".
- If the softether service is not running, then the command will return an error code of "1".
- If the softether service is running, then the command will return a list of active connections.
- In order to fix the softether error code 1, you will need to close any open connections and start the softether service.
4. Try to reconnect
- Make sure the device is powered on and connected to the network
- Open the Settings app on your device and navigate to "General"
- Tap on "Network" and then on "Wi-Fi"
- If you see a "Softether" error code listed, try to reconnect to your network by selecting the " reconnect" button under the "Status" column
- If the error persists, please contact your network administrator for further assistance
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check the VPN settings
- Check the network settings
- Check the firewall settings