Spotify error code 11 is an error that can occur when trying to install or update the Spotify application. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, including a corrupted installation file, a corrupt update file, or a problem with the Windows Registry. There are a few ways to fix this error, but the most effective way is to use a registry cleaner. A registry cleaner will scan your computer for any registry errors and then fix them. This will fix the problem and allow you to install or update Spotify without any issues.
1. Check your internet connection
- Open your web browser and type "www.speedtest.net" into the address bar.
- Click on the "Start test" button.
- Wait for the test to complete and then click on the "Results" tab.
- Look for the "Ping" column and click on the "AVERAGE" link.
- Look for the "Download" column and click on the "AVG" link.
- Compare the results of the "Ping" and "Download" columns and if they are different, click on the "Fix" button to try to fix the problem.
2. Check if you have the latest version of Spotify
- Open Spotify and sign in.
- In the top left corner of the screen, click the three lines in a row that says "Help."
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click "About Spotify."
- On the page that appears, under the "Version" header, make sure that the version number says "11.0." If it doesn't, click "Update Now."
- If the version number says "11.0," then you have the latest version of Spotify and you can fix the error code 11.
3. Restart your computer
- Close any programs you are using.
- Click "Start" and then "Shutdown."
- When the computer shuts down, press the power button and then press the "Restart" button.
- When the computer starts up, select "Shutdown" from the menu.
- Press the power button and then press the "Restart" button again.
- When the computer starts up, select "Restart" from the menu.
- Choose "Reboot" from the menu.
- Choose "Startup Settings" from the menu.
- In the "Boot Options" window, click "Advanced."
- In the "Advanced Options" window, click "Restart."
- Choose "System Restore" from the menu.
- Choose "Choose a location" and then click "Next."
- In the "Select a restoration point" window, click "Next."
- In the "Select a restore point" window, click "Restore."
- Click "OK" to restart your computer.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Reinstall Spotify