The steam error code 80 fallout new vegas is a result of the game's files becoming corrupt. This can happen for a number of reasons, including viruses or malware, power surges, or simply due to wear and tear over time. When the files become corrupt, the game is unable to load them, which leads to the error code.
There are a few things that you can try in order to fix this issue. First, you can try restarting your computer and then launching the game again. If that doesn't work, you can try verifying the game files through Steam. This will check for any corrupt or missing files and attempt to replace them. Finally, if all else fails, you can try reinstalling the game. This will delete all of the game's files and start fresh, which should fix the issue.
Other common searches for this error include:
- fallout nv error code 80
- steam error code 80 fallout new vegas
1. Verify the integrity of the game files
- Verify the game files integrity by comparing the files against a known good version.
- If the files are corrupt, then the game will not start and will give an error code 80.
- Repair the files if necessary.
2. Delete the local content and reinstall the game
- Delete the local content of the game by right-clicking the game in your Steam library and selecting "Properties".
- Click the "Local Files" tab and select the "Delete Local Content" button.
- Click the "Yes" button when prompted to confirm the deletion.
- Reinstall the game by selecting "Steam" from the Steam menu and clicking the "Install Game" button.
- When the game is installed, launch it by selecting it from the Steam library and clicking the "Play" button.
3. Update the video drivers
The first step is to open the Device Manager by clicking on the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box and hit enter. If you are using Windows 10, type "device manager" in the search box and hit enter. Once the Device Manager is open, you need to locate the video card listed under Display Adapters. Right-click on the video card and select Update Driver. The next step is to browse to the location of the latest video driver for your video card. For example, if the video driver is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\video\intel, then you would browse to this location and select the driver file. After you have selected the driver file, you will need to click on the Next button. You will then be prompted to select the type of driver installation that you want to do. You can either select the default option of Install the driver software from a list of drivers on my computer, or you can select the option to Search for the best driver for my computer. If you select the option to Search for the best driver for my computer, then Windows 10 will start to search for the best driver for your video card. If you are using Windows 10, then you will need to click on the Next button once the driver installation process is complete. You will then be prompted to restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, you will be able to use your video card again.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Update the sound drivers
- Update the motherboard drivers
- Update the BIOS
- Run a virus scan
- Run a malware scan
- Reset the game settings
- Reinstall the game