The error code 2016-0641 indicates that the switch is not able to connect to the controller. This could be because the controller is not reachable or the switch is not able to communicate with the controller.
You are here because you have a question about:
- nintendo switch error code 2016-0641
- switch error code 2016-0641
1. Remove the switch from the stack and reboot
- Remove the switch from the stack.
- Reboot the switch.
- Check the switch error code.
2. Upgrade the switch software
- From the console of the switch, issue the command "software upgrade"
- Input the switch's firmware version (for example, "software upgrade 9.6.1-00")
- Press Enter
- Follow the on-screen prompts to upgrade the switch software
- After the software upgrade is complete, issue the command "show software version" to verify the upgrade was successful
- If the upgrade was unsuccessful, repeat steps 2-5 until the upgrade is successful
3. Replace the switch
- Remove the front cover of the computer.
- Locate and remove the switch.
- Replace the switch with a new one.
- Reinstall the front cover.