The Twitch error code 140e2ec1 is a connectivity error that can occur when trying to watch a stream. This error code is usually caused by a slow or intermittent internet connection, and can be resolved by refreshing the page or trying again later.
1. Check your internet connection
- Open your internet browser and click on the "Settings" icon
- Under "Network and internet" on the settings page, click on "Connection"
- On the connection page, under "Status" you will see a message indicating your internet connection is "Not connected".
- To fix this, you will need to either: a. Restart your router and modem b. Reset your internet service provider (ISP)
- If neither of the above solutions work, you will need to contact your ISP or router manufacturer for assistance.
2. Restart your computer
- First, press the "Windows" key on your keyboard and "R" key at the same time.
- This will open the "Run" window.
- Type "cmd" and press Enter.
- At the command prompt, type "shutdown -r -f" and press Enter.
- This will restart your computer.
3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- Open your browser and navigate to the "Tools" menu.
- Click on "Internet Options."
- On the "Advanced" tab, click on the "Clear Cookies and Data" button.
- Confirm the deletion of all cookies and data by clicking on the "Yes" button.
- Click on the "Clear Cache" button.
- Close your browser and try to access twitch.tv again.
4. Try using a different browser
- If you are using a computer with internet access, open up a new web browser.
- Type "chrome://settings/search" into the address bar and press Enter.
- Type "show advanced settings" into the search bar and press Enter.
- Scroll down to the "browser security" section and click the "update now" button.
- In the "new windows" dialog that pops up, select "allow all sites to open with this browser".
- Click the "OK" button to close the "new windows" dialog.
- Click the "OK" button to close the "settings" dialog.
- Reload the Twitch page.
- If the error code still appears, try using a different browser.
5. Disable any browser extensions or add-ons
There are several ways to disable browser extensions or add-ons in order to fix twitch error code 140e2ec1.
1.Open the "Extensions" menu in your browser. 2.Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Disable Add-ons." 3.Find the extension or add-on you want to disable and click the "Disable" button. 4.Restart your browser if it is not already done. 5.Open the "Extensions" menu again and select the extension or add-on you want to re-enable. 6.Click the "Enable" button.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Update your Adobe Flash Player
- Try watching the stream on a different device
- Contact Twitch Support