The unarc.dll file is a critical component for the Windows 7 and 8 operating systems. This file is responsible for decompressing files that have been compressed using the ZIP format. If this file becomes corrupt, it can cause the "unarc.dll" error to occur. There are a number of reasons why this file may become corrupt, including:
• Incorrectly shutting down your PC
• Power surges
• Virus or malware infections
• Hardware failures
• Registry errors
If you are seeing the "unarc.dll" error, it is important to fix the problem as soon as possible. Failure to do so can lead to further issues, such as system instability and data loss. There are a number of ways to fix this error, including:
• Use a professional PC repair tool
• Repair the Windows Registry
• Manually replace the unarc.dll file
• Reinstall the Windows operating system
People like you are also looking for:
- unarc.dll error code
- unarc dll
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Press the power button to turn off your computer.
- Wait a few seconds, then press the power button to turn on your computer.
- When the Windows logo appears, press the R key to open the Recovery Console.
- Type the following command and press Enter: restart
- When your computer restarts, sign in to your account.
- After your computer restarts, type the following command and press Enter: chkdsk c:
- If the unarc dll error is still happening, type the following command and press Enter: repairman /fix
- After the repairman finishes, type the following command and press Enter: exit
- Restart your computer and try again.
2. Download and install the latest version of WinRAR
- Click on the Download button.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Unzip the file.
- Double-click on the WinRAR executable to start the program.
- Click on the File tab.
- Select the Add File button.
- Select the folder where you saved the unarc.dll file.
- Click on the Open button.
- Click on the Extract button.
- The unarc.dll file will be extracted to the folder that you selected.
- Click on the OK button.
- The WinRAR program will start to extract the unarc.dll file.
- Once the unarc.dll file has been extracted, the WinRAR program will close.
- Double-click on the unarc.dll file to open it in a text editor.
- Find the line that reads "api-ms-win-core-handles-hints-l1-1-0".
- Change the value of this line to "api-ms-win-core-handles-hints-l1-1-1".
- Save the file.
3. Update your anti-virus software and run a full scan of your computer
- Open your anti-virus software and click on the “Update” button.
- Navigate to the “Online services” section and click on the “Update engine” button.
- Click on the “Scan” button and wait for the scan to complete.
- Once the scan is complete, click on the “Fix” button to fix any detected issues.
- Finally, click on the “Close” button to finish updating your software.
4. Temporarily disable your anti-virus software and try again
To temporarily disable your anti-virus software and try again:
- On your computer, open Control Panel.
- Under System and Security, click Antivirus.
- Under the antivirus program you want to disable, click Change Settings.
- Under Protection Level, click either Off or Temporarily Disable.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to open the unarc dll file again.
5. Delete the temporary files on your computer and try again
- Shut down your computer
- Unplug your modem and router
- Delete all the temporary files on your computer
- Reinstall unarc dll
- Restart your computer
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- If you are extracting to a location on a network drive, try extracting to a local drive instead.
- Run the Windows System File Checker tool and repair any corrupted system files.
- Extract the files to a different location.
- Try using a different extraction program.