Vudu error code 56 on Roku indicates that the device is having trouble communicating with the server. This can be caused by a number of factors, including a poor internet connection, incorrect DNS settings, or a problem with the Vudu app itself. In most cases, simply restarting the Roku device and trying again will fix the problem.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- vudu error code 56
- vudu error code 56 on roku
1. Restart your Roku device and try again
- From the main menu, select System > Restart.
- Select Yes to restart your Roku device.
- After your Roku device has restarted, sign in again.
- Select the Video & TV category from the main menu.
- Select Vudu from the list of apps.
- On the Vudu home screen, select the My Videos tab.
- Select the movie or TV show you were trying to watch.
- On the far right side of the screen, under the Cast button, click the gear icon.
- Select Restart to restart the movie or TV show.
- If the movie or TV show is still not playing, try the following solutions: -If you are using the Roku app on your mobile device, try restarting your mobile device and then trying the movie or TV show again. -If you are using the Roku app on your computer, try restarting your computer and then trying the movie or TV show again. -If you are using the Roku app on your TV, try restarting your TV and then trying the movie or TV show again.
2. Update the Vudu app to the latest version
- On your Roku device, open the Vudu app.
- On the main menu, select Settings.
- Under App Updates, select Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available, the app will notify you and ask if you want to install it. Select Yes to install the update.
- Once the update is installed, restart the Vudu app.
- If the update resolved the issue, the Vudu app will now show the latest version number.
3. Check your internet connection and try again
- On your Roku device, go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Network and select it.
- On the Network screen, select Status.
- On the Status screen, you will see a list of your current internet connections.
- If you have a wired connection, make sure that the Ethernet cord is plugged into your router and your Roku device.
- If you have a wireless connection, make sure that the Roku device is connected to the same wireless network as your router.
- If you are using a cellular connection, make sure that the Roku device is connected to the same cellular network as your router.
- If you still have trouble connecting to vudu, try connecting to vudu again using the default network settings.
- If you still have trouble connecting to vudu, please contact customer support.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Delete and reinstall the Vudu app.
- Contact Roku customer support.