The whirlpool double oven e6 f2 error code indicates that the oven is too hot. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as the oven being on for too long, the thermostat being set too high, or a malfunction in the heating element. If the oven is too hot, it can damage the food, so it is important to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- whirlpool double oven e6 f2 error code
- whirlpool oven error code e6 f2
1. Check the wiring harness for the oven sensor
- Start by verifying that the oven is plugged into an outlet and the power is on.
- Verify that the oven sensor is connected to the wiring harness.
- If the oven sensor is not connected to the wiring harness, connect it to the wiring harness and press the test button on the sensor.
- If the oven sensor is still not working, replace the wiring harness.
2. Check the resistance of the oven sensor
- Open the oven door and ensure that the oven is on.
- Remove the oven rack.
- Double check that the wires connecting the oven sensor to the PCB are not touching each other or the oven door.
- Check the resistance between the sensor and the oven PCB. If the resistance is high, the sensor is likely defective and needs to be replaced. If the resistance is low, the sensor may be damaged but can still be used. In this case, the oven will still produce an error code but the sensor will not be as accurate.
3. Replace the oven sensor
- Open the oven door and remove the oven sensor by pulling it out from the oven housing.
- Clean the sensor and the oven housing with a clean cloth.
- Replace the oven sensor by inserting it into the oven housing and pushing it down until it clicks into place.
- Close the oven door and test the oven by selecting a recipe and checking the bake time.
4. Check the wiring harness for the control board
- Locate the wiring harness that connects the control board to the oven cavity.
- Check the wiring harness for damage or defects.
- If there are any defects or damage, replace the wiring harness.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Replace the control board.