The Whirlpool Duet is a front loading washing machine with a variety of features. One of these features is the ability to sense when there is a heavy load of laundry and adjust the settings accordingly. However, sometimes the machine can get overloaded and this is when the F06 error code appears. This code means that the washer is not able to spin the clothes properly and needs to be cleaned out. There are a few things that you can do to fix this problem:
-First, make sure that the washer is not overloaded. If it is, remove some of the clothes and try again.
-If the washer is still giving you the F06 error code, then it is time to clean out the filters. There are two filters in the washer, one in the front and one in the back. Clean both of these filters with warm soapy water.
-Once the filters have been cleaned, restart the washer and see if the error code has gone away.
If you are still getting the F06 error code, then there may be a problem with the washing machine itself and you should call a technician.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- whirlpool duet washer error code f06
- whirlpool duet f06
1. Check the wire harnesses
- Remove the front cover.
- Remove the screws that hold the wire harness in place.
- Pull the wire harness out of the dishwasher.
- Check the continuity of the wires. If there is a problem, replace the wire harness.
- Reconnect the wires to the correct connectors.
- Replace the screws that hold the wire harness in place.
2. Check the drain pump
- Turn off the water supply to the unit.
- Remove the cover on the front of the unit.
- Locate the drain pump on the front of the unit.
- Turn the drain pump on and off a few times to make sure it is working.
- If the pump is not working, replace it.
3. Check the pressure switch
- Open the dishwasher door.
- Look for the pressure switch on the inside of the dishwasher near the water inlet.
- If the pressure switch is not working, replace it.
4. Check the water inlet valve
- Turn off the water to the house
- Open the main water valve to the house
- Remove the cover on the water inlet valve
- Look for debris or sediment in the water inlet valve opening
- If debris is present, clear it with a swab.
- Replace the water inlet valve cover and close the main water valve.
- Turn on the water to the house and check for leaks.
5. Check the control board
- Turn off the power to the appliance and disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
- If the control board is removable, remove it by prying it off the front of the appliance with a flathead screwdriver.
- If the control board is not removable, remove the screws that hold it in place with a phillips head screwdriver.
- Gently pull the control board out of the appliance.
- Inspect the control board for any damage. If there is damage, replace the control board.
- Reinstall the control board by screwing it into place and replacing the screws that hold it in place.
- Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet and turn on the appliance.