The Wii error code 204904 is caused by a problem with the Wii Shop Channel. This error code can be fixed by deleting the Wii Shop Channel and then re-installing it.
1. Restart the Wii and try again
- Open the Wii console by pressing the power button.
- If the Wii console is not turned on, press the power button until the Wii console turns on.
- Select the System Settings option on the main screen.
- Select the Restart System option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restart the Wii.
2. Check for interference from other electronic devices
- Remove any connected electronic devices from the Wii console and disable any Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other wireless connections.
- Ensure that the Wii console is unplugged from the power source and placed in an area with no electronic interference.
- Press the power button to turn on the Wii console.
- Wait for the Wii console to boot up and then press the Home button to access the main menu.
- Select Settings and then System Settings.
- Under the System Settings category, locate and select the Interference tab.
- Under the Interference tab, make sure that the Wii is not listed as a device that is causing interference. If the Wii is listed, uncheck the box next to the Wii and then press the A button to save the changes.
- Press the Home button to exit the System Settings menu and return to the main menu.
- Select the Wii System Settings option again and then press the A button to save the changes.
3. Check for updates for the Wii software
1.Navigate to the Wii software's main menu. 2.Select System Update. 3.Select Check for Updates. 4.If there are any updates available, they will be displayed. 5.Select Update to install the updates. 6.Once the updates are installed, reboot your Wii.
4. Try another Wii remote
- Remove the original Wii remote from the Wii.
- Remove the upper cover of the Wii remote by pressing down on one end and pulling it off.
- Take the batteries out of the Wii remote.
- Push one end of a new Wii remote into the Wii receiver. Push the other end of the new Wii remote into one of the Wii remote's ports on the Wii.
- Replace the batteries in the Wii remote.
- Replace the upper cover of the Wii remote.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Try another Wii game.
- Contact Nintendo customer service.