The Wii U error code 157-1116 is an error that occurs when the Wii U is unable to connect to the Internet. This can be caused by a number of things, including a problem with the Wii U's connection to the Internet, a problem with the router or modem, or a problem with the DNS server.
1. Check the Wii U's internet connection
If you are experiencing an internet connection error code 157 1116, follow these steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue:
- Make sure that the Wii U is connected to a stable and strong internet connection.
- Verify that the computer or router that is connected to the Wii U is also up-to-date and has the latest security patches installed.
- Try different browser extensions or configurations to see if the issue is specific to a certain browser or extension.
- Verify that the Wii U is configured properly in your router's settings.
- Reset the Wii U's network settings if necessary.
- Try troubleshooting the issue from a different device, such as a laptop or desktop computer.
2. If the Wii U is connected to the internet, try restarting the system
- If the Wii U is connected to the internet, try restarting the system in order to fix wii u error code 157 1116.
- If the problem persists, try following the troubleshooting steps below.
- If the issue still persists, you may need to get a new Wii U system.
3. If the problem persists, try performing a system update
- Press the power button to turn on the Wii U.
- If the Wii U is not set up to automatically search for updates, you can manually search for updates by pressing the button on the Wii U GamePad, or by going to System Settings on the Wii U Menu and selecting System Updates.
- If the system update is available, select it and wait for the update to complete.
- If the system update does not fix the problem, try resetting the Wii U by holding down the power button and the reset button at the same time for about 10 seconds.
4. If the problem still persists, contact Nintendo customer service
- If you are still experiencing the issue after following the steps outlined in this article, you can try contacting Nintendo customer service for assistance.
- To contact Nintendo customer service, you will need your Wii U console's serial number and your problem's description.
- You can find your Wii U serial number on the back of your console or in the settings of your Wii U.
- Once you have your Wii U serial number and your problem's description, you can contact Nintendo customer service by visiting the following website: https://support.nintendo.com/us/en-us/contact_us?cpc=nl_NL
- Nintendo customer service will be able to assist you with your problem.