Windows Update error code C80003F3 is a common error that occurs when trying to update Windows. There are a few different reasons why this error might occur, but the most common reason is because the Windows Update service is not running. This can be because the service is not started, or because it is stopped. Another common reason for this error is because the Windows Update files are corrupt.
1. Temporarily disable your antivirus software
- Launch the Start menu and type “windows update”.
- Click the “Windows Update” icon that appears in the search results.
- On the Windows Update screen, click the “Check for updates” button.
- If there are any updates available, the Windows Update screen will show a list of updates.
- Click the “Update” button to install the updates.
- If the updates require a restart, click the “Restart now” button.
- After the computer has restarted, check to see if the Windows Update error code c80003f3 has been resolved.
2. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
In order to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- On your computer, open the Start menu and search for "Windows Update."
- When the Windows Update window opens, click on the "Install updates" button.
- If the "Select the update package to install" window opens, select the "Windows Update" package from the list and click on the "Install" button.
- When the "Windows Update installation progress" window opens, click on the "Check for updates" button.
- If the "Windows Update installation progress" window shows that there are updates available, click on the "Install updates" button.
- If the "Windows Update installation progress" window shows that there are not updates available, click on the "Skip" button.
- When the "Windows Update installation progress" window shows that the updates have been installed, click on the "Finish" button.
- When the "Windows Update window closes, restart your computer."
3. Reset the Windows Update Components
- Open the "Control Panel"
- Click "Windows Update"
- On the "Windows Update" page, click on the "Reset" button
- On the "Reset Windows Update" page, click on the "Reset" button
- Click on the "Yes" button to confirm the reset
- Click on the "Close" button to close the "Windows Update" window
4. Run a System File Checker scan
- Open the "Command Prompt" as administrator
- Type the following command and press Enter scannow "windows update error code c80003f3"
- If the scan results in any errors, please follow the instructions provided to fix them.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check your internet connection
- Perform a clean boot of your system
- Install the latest Windows Update
- Contact Microsoft support