The xbox error code 0x87de2726 is a general hardware error that can occur when the Xbox One console is not functioning properly. There are a few reasons why this error code may occur, such as a faulty power supply, a loose HDMI connection, or a problem with the Xbox One's internal hardware. This error code can also occur if the Xbox One is not properly ventilated, so it is important to make sure that the console is not placed in an enclosed space.
1. Restart your Xbox and try again
- On your Xbox, go to Settings.
- Select System and then Restart.
- If the Xbox doesn't automatically restart, press the button to power it off and then on again.
- Select System and then Restart again.
- If the Xbox still doesn't work, try resetting it. To do this, hold down the Xbox button and the power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
2. Check for updates for your games and apps
To check for updates for your games and apps, follow these steps:
- On your Xbox One, go to Settings.
- Under System and Updates, select See All Updates.
- Select the updates you want to check for.
- If there are any updates available, the Xbox One will show you the available updates and ask if you want to install them. If you don't want to install the updates, select No.
- If you want to install the updates, select Install.
- The Xbox One will install the updates and reboot. After the updates are installed, the Xbox One will restart again and you will be back at the System and Updates screen.
3. Try playing the game offline
- On your Xbox, press the Menu button and select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Network.
- Select your broadband connection.
- Select Advanced.
- Select DNS.
- Select Manual.
- Enter the IP address of your router.
- Enter the port number of your router.
- Enter the DNS server address.
- Enter the DNS server address (or the default DNS server).
- Select OK.
- Select Save.
- Select Quit.
4. Uninstall the game or app and then reinstall it
- Open the Xbox One Settings app.
- Select the System tab.
- Select the Uninstall a game or app option.
- Select the game or app you want to uninstall.
- Select the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the game or app.
- Once the game or app is uninstalled, reinstall it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the game or app.
5. Clear your Xbox One's cache
Clear your Xbox One cache by following these steps:
- On your Xbox One, open the Guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Storage.
- Select Cache.
- Select Clear Cache.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Reset your Xbox One's network settings.
- Contact Xbox Support.