The xbox error code 0x87e30064 is a problem that can occur when trying to connect to the Xbox Live service. This error is caused by a problem with the DNS settings on your Xbox One console. The Xbox One uses two DNS servers: one for IPv4 addresses and one for IPv6 addresses. If either of these DNS servers is not responding, you will see the xbox error code 0x87e30064. To fix this problem, you need to change the DNS settings on your Xbox One console to use the Google Public DNS servers.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code 0x87e00064
- xbox error code 0x87e30064
1. Restart your Xbox One console
- On your Xbox One, go to "Settings" and select "System".
- On the "System" screen, select "Restart".
- On the "Restart" screen, select "Yes".
- After the console has restarted, select "System" again and enter the xbox error code 0x87e30064.
- If the problem has been fixed, the console will restart and you will be able to use your Xbox One again.
2. Power cycle your network equipment
- Turn off the power to your network equipment
- Wait five seconds
- Turn on the power to your network equipment
- Wait ten seconds
- Check your xbox error code
3. Delete the temporary Xbox Live profile on your Xbox One console
- On your Xbox One console, open the Settings app.
- Select System.
- Select Profile.
- Select Delete Profile.
- Select Yes to confirm.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Verify your account status on the Xbox Live service.
- Obtain a new IP address for your Xbox One console.
- Flush the DNS cache on your Xbox One console.
- Set your Xbox One console’s IP address to static.
- Reset your Xbox One console’s network settings.
- Contact your ISP for help with your network connection.
- Contact Xbox Support.