The Xbox One error code 0x80070020 is a general error that occurs when the console is unable to connect to the Xbox Live servers. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including server maintenance or downtime, network connectivity issues, or simply because the Xbox Live servers are currently overloaded. When this error occurs, gamers will typically be unable to sign in to their Xbox Live account, access online features, or download games or updates.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 0x80070020
- xbox one error code 0x80070020
1. Restart your Xbox One console
- First, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Console settings.
- Select Restart console.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Delete the temporary files on your console
- On your console, go to "Settings" and select "System".
- Under "System", select "Storage".
- Under "Storage", select "Temp."
- Under "Temp.", select "Delete Temp Files".
- Select "Yes" to confirm the deletion.
3. Test your network connection
- Open the "network and sharing center" on your xbox one.
- Under "network connection", verify that the status reads "connected".
- If the status does not read "connected", try to connect to the internet using a different internet connection. If that does not work, try to reset your xbox one.
- If the status still reads "connected", try to connect to Xbox Live using your xbox live account. If that does not work, try to connect to Xbox Live using a different account.
- If the status still reads "connected", try to connect to the xbox one using a wired connection. If that does not work, try to connect to the xbox one using a wireless connection.
4. Power cycle your network equipment
- First, turn off your console and unplug it from the power source.
- Next, hold the Xbox One power button for 15 seconds to reset it.
- After it has reset, plug it back in and turn it on.
- Once on, go to Settings > System and select Restart network.
- Once the network has restarted, try connecting to the network again. If the problem persists, try following the steps for fixing xbox one error code 0x80070020.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Verify your account and gamertag.
- Get help from Xbox support.