The xerox error code 033 503 is a printer error that can occur when the printer is not able to connect to the computer properly. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but is most often caused by either a bad connection between the printer and the computer, or by a problem with the printer itself.
1. Contact your local Xerox service representative
The first step is to locate your Xerox service representative. You can find a list of Xerox service representatives by visiting the Xerox website or calling 1-800-XEROX. The second step is to provide your Xerox error code and description. Your Xerox service representative will use this information to determine the best course of action. The third step is to follow your Xerox service representative's instructions. Depending on the issue, your Xerox service representative may require you to do some troubleshooting or provide specific information.
2. Try restarting the printer
- Open the printer's control panel
- Select the "Print" tab
- Select "Restart" from the "Print options" menu
- Select "Yes" to restart the printer
3. Check for paper jams
The first step is to identify the source of the problem. If the paper is not moving smoothly through the printer, it is likely that there is a paper jam. To check for a paper jam, you will need to remove the paper stack from the printer and inspect it. If there is a paper jam, you will need to remove the jammed paper piece and clear the path for the printer to print again.
4. Check for obstructions in the paper path
- Place the xerox machine on its side with the output tray facing down.
- Check to see if any objects are obstructing the paper path. If so, remove them.
- Check the paper path for any tears or other damage. If there is damage, fix it.
- Check the xerox machine's paper feed roller and feed roller cover for dirt or debris. If there is dirt or debris, clean it.
- Check the xerox machine's output roller for wear and tear. If there is wear and tear, replace the output roller.
5. Clean the print head
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Remove the print head.
- Clean the print head using a damp cloth.
- Reattach the print head to the printer.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
6. Replace the toner cartridge
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Locate the toner cartridge holder.
- Remove the toner cartridge.
- Replace the toner cartridge with a new one.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Replace the drum cartridge.
- Reset the printer.