0x80070017 is an error code that typically indicates that there is a problem with the file system. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including corruption of the file system, bad sectors on the hard drive, or a failed drive.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code: 0x80070017
1. If the Troubleshooter doesn’t help, try to reset the Windows Update Components
If the Troubleshooter doesn’t help, try to reset the Windows Update Components in order to fix 0x80070017:
- Open the Start menu and click on the "Command Prompt" icon.
- Type "cmd" and press the Enter key.
- Type "resetwindowsupdate" and press the Enter key.
- Type "exit" and press the Enter key.
- Close the Command Prompt window.
2. Try to install the updates in clean boot state
- Boot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Check for updates by entering 'update.microsoft.com' into your browser.
- If updates are available, install them.
- Reboot your computer.
- Check for updates again and install any that are available.
3. If nothing helps, try to manually install the updates
Open Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button.
If there are any updates available, Windows Update will show you a list of updates that are available for your computer.
Click on the Update button to install the updates.
If the updates fail to install, you can try to manually install the updates by following the steps below.
Go to the folder where the updates are saved.
Double-click on the update file that you want to install.
If the update requires a reboot, Windows will ask you to restart your computer. After your computer restarts, the update will be installed.