0x8024402c is a Windows Update error code. This error code indicates that there was a problem downloading updates from the Microsoft Update server. This can happen for a number of reasons, including network problems, server problems, or other factors. If you see this error code, it is important to check your network connection and make sure that the Microsoft Update server is online and accessible.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code 0x8024402c
1. Restart your computer and then try updating again
- Turn off your computer and wait 10 seconds
- Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking
- Click on the Start button and type in "msconfig" into the search bar
- Select the "System Configuration" option under the "Windows" heading
- Under the "Boot" heading, make sure that the "Safe Boot" option is selected
- Under the "Startup" heading, make sure that the "Safe Mode with Networking" option is selected
- Click on the "Restart" button to restart your computer
- After your computer has restarted, go to the Windows Updates website and try to update your computer
- If you still experience the 0x8024402c error, please contact Microsoft support.
2. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and then try updating again
- Open the antivirus software and go to the "Settings" tab
- Click on the "Update" button and wait for the update to finish
- Click on the "Disable" button and restart your computer
- Try updating your antivirus software again
3. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if it can fix the issue
- Open the Windows Update Troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button, typing "Windows Update" in the search box and pressing Enter.
- On the Troubleshooting tab, click on the "Check for updates" button.
- When the Windows Update Troubleshooter starts, click on the "Next" button.
- On the "Update Source" screen, click on the "Install updates from Microsoft" button.
- On the "Select updates" screen, click on the "Browse" button and select the relevant updates.
- Click on the "Install" button.
- When the updates are installed, click on the "Finish" button.
- Check for updates again and if the issue has been fixed, click on the "Finish" button.
4. Try updating Windows using the Microsoft Update Catalog
- Open the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Select your operating system from the list.
- Click on the Updates tab.
- Under the Available Updates heading, select the Update for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, or Windows Server 2016 section.
- Select the Update Package you wish to download.
- Click on the Download button.
- Click on the Open button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check if your firewall is blocking Windows Update.
- Reset the Windows Update Components.
- Re-register the Windows Update DLL files.
- Perform a clean boot and then try updating again.
- Download and install the updates manually.