0x803f8001 is an error code that indicates that a Windows Store app could not be started because the AppX Deployment Service was not running. This service is responsible for deploying and managing Windows Store apps, so if it is not running, apps will not be able to start. There are a few different ways that this service can be stopped, such as if another program is using the same port that the service uses, or if the service is disabled in the Services Control Panel. If you see this error code, you will need to start the AppX Deployment Service in order to be able to use Windows Store apps again.
You are here because you have a question about:
- is currently not available in your account. here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803f8001
- windows error code 0x803f8001
1. Restart your computer and try again
-Press the "Windows" key and "R" key at the same time to open the "Run" window. -Type "cmd" into the "Run" window and press Enter. -Type "reboot" into the "Run" window and press Enter. -After your computer restarts, try to open the Windows Store app again.
2. Update your drivers
-Select the device you are having issues with -Right click on the device and select Update Driver -Select the location of the driver file and click on Open -Select the version of the driver you need and click on OK -Wait for the driver to install -Apply the new driver to the device and restart your computer
3. Try a different game or application
- Open the Start Menu and search for "Microsoft Windows Update."
- Click on the "Windows Update" button to open the Windows Update window.
- On the left side of the Windows Update window, click on the "Download and Update" button.
- Click on the "Choose your update type" link to open the "Update Options" window.
- Under the "Update type" heading, click on the "Advanced" button.
- On the "Advanced" tab, under the "Settings" heading, click on the "View detailed update information" link.
- On the "Detailed update information" window, click on the "0x803f8001" button to open the "0x803f8001" update information window.
- In the "0x803f8001" update information window, click on the "Fix" button to open the "Fix 0x803f8001" wizard.
- On the "Fix 0x803f8001" wizard window, click on the "Next" button to open the "Fix 0x803f8001" confirmation window.
- Click on the "Yes" button to open the "Fix 0x803f8001" confirmation window.
- Once the "Fix 0x803f8001" wizard has completed, click on the "Finish" button to close the "Fix 0x803f8001" wizard window.
- Close the Windows Update window.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the game or application
- Go to the game or application's installation folder
- Delete the installed game or application
- Rename the installed game or application to something else
- Copy the game or application's installation folder to a new location
- Install the game or application from the new location
5. Run a virus scan
- Click "System and Security"
- Click "Virus Scan"
- Click "Scan Now"
- Click "OK"
- If the scan is successful, you will see a message stating as such. If the scan is not successful, please follow the steps below.
- Click "View Results"
- Click on the "Details" tab
- Under "Scan Results" you will see a list of all the viruses detected. If a virus is found, it will be listed with the following information:
- If a virus is found, please follow the instructions below to fix it.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check for updates to Windows.
- Check your computer's hardware.