The 0x87dd000f error code indicates that a problem has occurred with the Windows Firewall service. This service is responsible for protecting the computer from external threats by controlling the flow of traffic into and out of the network. If the service is not running, the computer is vulnerable to attack.
There are a number of reasons why the Windows Firewall service may stop working. The most common cause is a corrupt or damaged registry key. Other causes include a corrupt or damaged system file, a malware infection, or a hardware problem.
If you see the 0x87dd000f error code, it is important to take action to fix the problem. The first step is to run a full scan of your computer with an anti-malware program. This will remove any malware that may be causing the problem. If the scan does not fix the problem, you may need to repair the registry.
People like you are also looking for:
- xbox one error code 0x87dd000f
- xbox error code 0x87dd000f
1. Restart your computer
- Log in to your computer.
- Click the "Start" button.
- Click "Shut down" or "Restart."
- Select "Restart."
- Click "OK."
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Update your drivers
- Open Device Manager by launching the Control Panel and clicking on System and Security.
- On the System and Security tab, click on Device Manager.
- Under the Components category, click on the Disk drive.
- Right-click on the disk drive that you are having trouble with and select Properties.
- Click on the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
- Click on the Browse my computer for driver software button.
- Locate the driver software that you want to install and click on the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Close Device Manager.
- Reboot your computer.
3. Run a virus scan
- Open the Start menu and select All Programs.
- Select Accessories and then Security.
- Select VirusScan.
- Select Scan Now.
- Select your operating system and click Next.
- Select your virus scanner and click Next.
- Select your virus scan type and click Next.
- Select your disk and click Next.
- Select your scan type and click Next.
- Select your scan options and click Next.
- Click Finish.
4. Check for Windows updates
- Open the Control Panel and select System and Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- On the right-hand side, select Check for updates.
- If there are any updates available, they will be displayed. Select install to install the updates.
- If there are no updates available, then the following message will be displayed: There are no updates available. Check for new updates later.
- In order to check for new updates, select Check for new updates later.
5. Run the System File Checker tool
- Open the Start menu and type "cmd".
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type the following command and press Enter: sfc /scannow
- The System File Checker tool will start and walk you through the process of scanning your computer for missing, corrupted, or outdated system files.
- When the scan is complete, the tool will report any issues it finds.
- You can follow the instructions provided by the tool to fix any issues it finds.
- If the problem is not fixed by following the instructions provided by the tool, you can contact your system administrator for further assistance.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Perform a clean boot.
- Reset your PC.