The 0xc000007b error code is a Windows-specific error code that indicates a problem with the way the operating system is reading or writing to a specific file. This can happen if the file is corrupt or if there is an incorrect setting in the registry. This error code can also occur if there is a problem with the drivers for a specific piece of hardware.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code 0xc00007b windows 10
- error code 0xc000007b
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Shut down your computer.
- Remove any devices you may be using, such as USB sticks, CD-ROMs, etc.
- Power off your computer and unplug all the cables.
- Wait 10 seconds and plug in your power cord.
- Turn on your computer.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 10, press the "Start" button, type "cmd" into the search bar, and press "Enter."
- At the command prompt, type "powercfg -restart" and press "Enter."
- If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, open the Start Menu and enter "powercfg" into the search bar.
- At the powercfg window, click the "Restart" button.
- After your computer restarts, check to see if the problem has been fixed.
2. Update your drivers
- Go to the device manager and right-click on the device that is causing the error.
- Select "Update Driver software."
- Browse to the location of the driver software and select it.
- Click on "Browse my computer for driver software."
- Locate the driver software that you want to install and click on it.
- Click on "Install."
- When the driver has been installed, click on "Close."
3. Uninstall and reinstall the program
There are a few steps you will need to take in order to uninstall and reinstall the program. First, open the Start Menu and click on the All Programs option. Next, scroll down and find the program that is causing the 0xc000007b error and click on the icon to uninstall it. Once the program has been uninstalled, you will need to restart your computer in order for the changes to take effect. Next, find the installer for the new program and install it. Finally, make sure that the new program is configured to run as the default program.
4. Run the program in compatibility mode
- Open the program in compatibility mode.
- Click on the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the "Run in compatibility mode" box.
- Click on the "Apply" button.
- The program will now run in compatibility mode.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Repair your registry.
- Replace the dll file.
- Try a System Restore.
- Run a virus scan.
- Install the latest Service Pack.
- Try a different version of the program.