The AO Smith water heater error code E02 means that the water heater is not receiving enough power. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a tripped circuit breaker, a loose wire connection, or a faulty power cord. If the problem is with the power supply, you will need to contact an electrician to resolve the issue. If the problem is with the water heater itself, you may need to replace the unit.
You are here because you have a question about:
- ao smith water heater error code e2
- ao smith water heater error code e02
1. Check the water heater's power supply and circuit breaker/fuse
- Check the power supply to the water heater by checking the voltage at the power supply. If the voltage is low, then the power supply may be defective and need to be replaced.
- If the voltage is not low, then check the circuit breaker/fuse. If the circuit breaker/fuse is defective, it may be tripping and causing the water heater error code e02. If the circuit breaker/fuse is not defective, then the water heater may need a new power supply.
2. Check the water heater's thermostat and reset it if necessary
- Turn off the water heater.
- Remove the cover on the water heater.
- Look for a white or black plastic dial with a number on it.
- Turn the dial to the desired temperature.
- Replace the cover and turn on the water heater.
- Check the thermostat to make sure it reset to the desired temperature.
3. Flush the water heater's tank to remove any sediment that may be causing the error code
- Turn off the water supply to the water heater.
- Remove the water heater's cover.
- Use a bucket or a hose to flush the water heater's tank.
- Replace the cover and turn on the water supply to the water heater.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Contact a qualified technician to inspect and repair the water heater.