The ccmsetup.exe process may end prematurely with the error code 0x80070643. This error code indicates that the Microsoft .NET Framework installation on the computer is corrupted and needs to be repaired. The .NET Framework is a software framework that is required for some applications to run.
When the ccmsetup.exe process ends prematurely, it means that the .NET Framework installation is incomplete and needs to be repaired. This can happen for a number of reasons, including installing or uninstalling other software that modifies the .NET Framework, or a corrupt download of the .NET Framework.
To fix this error, you will need to repair the .NET Framework installation on your computer. This can be done by uninstalling the .NET Framework and then reinstalling it from Microsoft's website.
1. Restart the computer and try again
- Shut down the computer.
- Turn off the computer and wait 5 minutes.
- Turn on the computer and wait until the operating system starts up.
- Open the "Start" menu and click "Restart."
- Choose the "Restart computer" option.
- In the "Restart computer" window, choose the "Troubleshoot" option.
- Click the "Advanced options" button.
- In the "Advanced options" window, click the "Startup settings" tab.
- In the "Startup settings" tab, click the "Restart" button.
- After the computer restarts, choose the "CCMsetup" option from the "Startup" menu.
- Choose the "Repair" option.
- After the computer repairs the CCMsetup, choose the "Exit" option.
2. Run the System Update Readiness Tool
- Launch the System Update Readiness Tool.
- On the System Update Readiness Tool screen, click the Check for updates button.
- On the System Update Readiness Tool screen, click the Download updates button.
- On the System Update Readiness Tool screen, click the Next button.
- On the System Update Readiness Tool screen, click the Confirm download and install updates button.
- On the System Update Readiness Tool screen, click the Finish button.
3. Try installing the updates in a clean boot state
- Boot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Open the CCMSetup.exe application
- Click on the "Find and Fix Errors" button
- Select "Check for Updates"
- Click on the "Update" button
- If the updates are not installed, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
- Reboot your computer
- Close the CCMSetup.exe application
4. Download and install the updates manually
- Go to Start and search for "Update Manager".
- In Update Manager, click on the "Update Manager Console" icon.
- In the Update Manager Console, click on the "Updates" node.
- In the Updates node, click on the "Available Updates" tab.
- In the Available Updates tab, click on the "Select" button next to the "Windows Update" node.
- In the Select Windows Update window, click on the "Check for Updates" button.
- In the Check for Updates window, click on the "Install" button.
- In the Install Updates window, click on the "OK" button.
- After the updates are installed, close the Update Manager Console.
- Restart your computer.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall protection and try again.
- Check for updates from Microsoft Update instead of Windows Update.
- Reset the Windows Update Components.
- Run the DISM tool.
- Contact Microsoft support.