The destiny 2 error code chive typically happens when there is an issue connecting to the game servers. Sometimes this can be caused by a problem with your internet connection, but it can also be caused by a problem with the game servers themselves. If you're getting this error code, it means that you won't be able to connect to the game and play.
1. Check for updates to the game and to your system
The steps to check for updates and to your system vary depending on your device and operating system. Some steps may include searching for updates online, checking for updates in the game launcher, or checking for updates in the system settings.
2. Restart your system and the game
- First, you will need to open up your system tray and click on the icon that looks like a computer with a yellow question mark inside of it.
- When the window pops up, you will want to click on the "Restart" button.
- After your system has restarted, you will need to go into your game's settings and select "Restart game."
- Once the game has restarted, you will need to select "Launch Options" and type "-nosound" into the box.
- Finally, you will need to click on the "OK" button.
3. Delete your shaders cache
- Open Destiny 2 and go to the Settings menu.
- Select "Account Management" from the menu.
- Select "Shaders" from the menu.
- Select the shaders you want to delete from the list.
- Click the "Delete" button.
- Close Destiny 2 and restart your game if prompted.
4. Reset your graphics settings
- Open destiny 2 and go to the main menu.
- Select "Settings" from the menu.
- Select "Reset Settings."
- Select "Yes" when asked to reset your graphics settings.
- Select "Finish."
5. Turn off any overclocking settings you may have
- Open the "Battle.net" application.
- In the top left corner, click on the "Options" button.
- In the "Options" window, click on the "Game Settings" tab.
- In the "Game Settings" window, uncheck the box next to "Override game settings" and click on the "OK" button.
- Restart the game.
- If the game still does not work properly, try reinstalling it.
6. Run the game in administrator mode
In order to run the game in administrator mode, first open the game by clicking on the "Play" button on the main menu. Once the game has loaded, click on the "Options" button in the bottom-left corner of the screen. On the Options screen, click on the "Gameplay" tab. On theGameplay tab, click on the "Admin" button. Once the Admin button has been clicked, the game will start to run in administrator mode.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Verify the integrity of your game files.
- Reinstall the game.