The Diablo 3 error code 300016 is a generic error code that is caused by a number of different factors. The most common cause of this error code is a corrupt or damaged game file. This can happen if the game files are not properly downloaded or installed, or if they are damaged by a virus. Other causes of this error code include a conflict with another program, a hardware problem, or a problem with the Windows registry.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code 300016
- diablo 3 error 300016
1. Check for updates and patch the game
- Click on the "Help" menu
- Click on "Update and Patch"
- Click on "Check for Updates"
- Click on "Patch"
- Click on "Install"
- Click on "OK"
- Click on "Play"
2. Delete the Diablo 3 folder in your Documents/My Games/ folder
- If you're playing on a desktop, go to the Start menu and open the Documents/My Games/Diablo III folder. If you're playing on a laptop, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box and type in documents My Games Diablo III.
- If the Diablo 3 folder doesn't exist, you'll see a message asking you to create it. Click OK.
- In the Diablo 3 folder, delete the Diablo III folder.
- Restart your computer.
- If the error still persists, try reinstalling Diablo 3.
3. Run the game as Administrator
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Diablo III installation directory.
- Right-click on the Diablo III.exe file and select "Run as Administrator."
- Click on the "Diablo III" shortcut on your desktop and select "Play."
- If you experience any errors while playing the game, please try running the game as administrator again and posting your error message in the comments below.
4. Disable any mods or customizations
In order to disable any mods or customizations in order to fix diablo 3 error 300016, follow these steps:
- Launch Diablo III.
- Click the "Diablo III" menu option on the top left of the screen.
- Select "Settings."
- Click "Mods."
- Locate the mod or customization you want to disable and click the "Disable" button next to it.
- Click "OK" to save your changes and exit the "Mods" screen.
- Launch the game again and enjoy your fixed Diablo III error 300016.
5. Delete the Battle.net folder
- Click on the Start button and type in "cmd" into the search bar.
- Once cmd is found, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator."
- Type in "dir" and press Enter.
- The dir command will list all of the files and folders in your computer.
- Once the dir command is completed, you will see a list of files and folders that are located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net folder.
- To delete the Battle.net folder, select all of the files and folders in the dir command list and hit the Delete key.
- When the deletion is complete, restart your computer.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Reinstall the game
- Run a virus scan
- Reset your computer's DNS cache
- Temporarily disable your firewall