The error code 0x80070652 is a Windows update error. This error code happens when the Windows update service is not able to connect to the Microsoft update server. This can happen if the update server is down, or if the computer is not connected to the internet.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- windows error code 0x80070652
- error code 0x80070652
1. Try to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if it helps
- Open the Windows Update Troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button, typing wu and pressing enter.
- If the Windows Update Troubleshooter is not already open, click on the icon that is located in the notification area at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- On the Troubleshooting tab, click on the Advanced button.
- On the Advanced Troubleshooting Settings tab, click on the Check for updates button.
- If Windows Update is not automatically detected, click on the Search for updates button.
- When Windows Update is found, click on the Update Now button.
- If there are any updates that need to be installed, the Windows Update Troubleshooter will provide a list of updates that need to be installed.
- To install the updates, click on the Install Updates button.
- When the updates are installed, click on the Finish button.
- If the Windows Update Troubleshooter did not help fix the error code 0x80070652, the next step is to try to fix the problem by following the steps that are provided in the Windows Troubleshooting Guide.
2. Clear the Windows Update cache and try again
- If you are having trouble with Windows Update, try starting it in Safe Mode. To do this, select Start, type msconfig in the search box, and press Enter. Click the Startup tab, and then click Safe Mode.
- Clear the Windows Update cache. To do this, open the Control Panel, and then click System and Security. Under Windows Update, click Change settings. In the Windows Update settings window, click the Check for updates button, and then click OK.
- If the problem is still not fixed, try reinstalling Windows Update.
3. Try to reset Windows Update Components and see if it helps
- Open the "Start" menu and click "Computer".
- In the "Computer" window, click on "Properties".
- In the "Properties" window, click on the "Windows Update" tab.
- In the "Windows Update" tab, click on the "Recovery" button.
- In the "Recovery" window, click on the "Reset" button.
- In the "Reset" window, click on the "OK" button.
- In the "Windows Update" tab, click on the "OK" button.
- In the "Computer" window, click on the "Restart" button.
- After the computer has restarted, check if the error code 0x80070652 has been resolved.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Try to install the updates in clean boot state and see if it helps.
- Try to install the updates in Safe Mode and see if it helps.
- Try to install the updates manually.