Error code 2000-0142 generally indicates that there is a problem with the hard drive or storage subsystem. This can be caused by a variety of issues, including bad sectors, corrupted data, or a failing hard drive. In some cases, it may also be caused by a faulty motherboard or other hardware.
People like you are also looking for:
- dell hard drive error code 2000 0142
- error code 2000-0142
1. Restart the computer and try again
- Shut down the computer
- Remove the battery and power supply
- Reconnect the power supply and battery
- Turn on the computer
- Check to see if the computer boots to the Windows logo
- If not, press the F8 key repeatedly until the boot menu appears
- Select "Safe Mode with Networking"
- If the computer still does not start, restart the computer and try again
- If the computer still does not start,Contact your computer manufacturer or Microsoft for assistance
2. Update the BIOS
- Power on the computer and press the delete key to enter the BIOS.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight the option to Update the BIOS and press Enter.
- Select the latest BIOS update file from the list and press Enter.
- Press F10 to save the new BIOS update and reboot the computer.
3. Run a diagnostic test on the hard drive
- Boot the computer and enter the BIOS.
- Select the hard drive to be tested and press Enter.
- On the main screen, highlight the hard drive test icon and press Enter.
- The hard drive test will start.
- The test will run for a few minutes and then will provide a result.
- If the result is positive, the next step is to update the BIOS. If the result is negative, the next step is to replace the hard drive.
4. Replace the hard drive
- Remove the old hard drive and replace it with a new one.
- Format the new hard drive with the Windows XP operating system.
- Install the operating system and all the necessary software.
- Reconfigure the computer's settings, including the computer's BIOS.
- Verify that all the software and hardware are working properly by installing and using various programs.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Contact Dell Technical Support.