Error code val 51 is a file system error that can occur for a number of reasons. One common reason is that the file system is corrupt and needs to be repaired. Another reason this error can occur is if the file system is not compatible with the operating system. This error can also occur if the file system is not configured correctly.
1. Restart your computer
- Log on to your computer.
- Click the Start button and then click the Control Panel.
- Double-click the System and Security icon.
- Click the Restart button.
- Select the appropriate option from the menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Update your graphics driver
To fix the error code "val 51", you will need to update your graphics driver.
- Open the Windows Update window by pressing the "Windows" key on your keyboard and clicking on "Update & Security".
- Click on the "Check for updates" button.
- If there are any available updates, click on the "Install updates" button.
- Click on the "Activate" button to install the updates.
- Once the updates are installed, click on the "Restart" button to apply the changes.
- If the problem still persists, you will need to update your graphics driver.
- To update your graphics driver, open the Windows Update window by pressing the "Windows" key on your keyboard and clicking on "Driver Update".
- Click on the "Update Driver Software" button.
- Click on the "Browse my computer for driver software" button.
- Locate your graphics driver file and click on the "Open" button.
- Click on the "Next" button to continue.
- Allow the update to complete.
- Once the update is complete, click on the "Finish" button to exit the update process.
3. Reinstall your graphics driver
- Disconnect all devices you don't need to use.
- Download the latest driver from your graphics card's manufacturer.
- Install the driver by following the instructions on the screen.
- Reconnect your devices and test your graphics card.
- If the error persists, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Install the latest Windows updates.
- Try running the game in compatibility mode.
- Delete the game's saved data and try starting the game again from scratch.
- Verify the game files through Steam.
- Contact the game developer for assistance.