What is 'Firefox error code ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap'?
"Firefox error code ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap" is an error that may occur when there is an error due to an outdated Firefox.
How can you fix 'Firefox error code ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap'?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Updating Mozilla Firefox
- Resetting security.ssl.errorReporting.automatic
- Clearing the cache
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Update Mozilla Firefox
“Firefox error code ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap” could be caused by your Firefox version or if your Date and Time is not synchronized with the internet. To fix this, update your Mozilla Firefox and double check Date and Time.
Please follow the image below.
Date and Time
2. Reset security.ssl.errorReporting.automatic
"Firefox error code ssl_error_bad_cert_domain" could also be caused by security.ssl.errorReporting.automatic, which may be interrupting your connection. Resetting it may fix the error. See the instructions below.
Open Mozilla Firefox.
Type "about:config" in the address bar and press Enter.
Click "I accept the risk" to confirm.
Then in the search bar type security.ssl.errorReporting.automatic.
Right-click security.ssl.errorReporting.automatic , select reset.
3. Clear cache and disable Deceptive Content and Dangerous Software Protection
“Firefox error code ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap” could also be caused by the safety protocol of Mozilla Firefox and a bad cache. You may want to clear cache and disable Deceptive Content and Dangerous Software Protection. See instruction below.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Type about:preferences#privacy into the Address bar and press Enter key.
- Look for Cache Web Content then click Clear Now, and then click Ok to confirm.
- Scroll down, look for Security and disable Deceptive Content and Dangerous Software Protection
- Then, access your Website.
- If the error still persists continue with the instructions below.
Add Website to Security Exception
- Click Advance.
- Add Exception a window should pop up.
- Click Get Certificate.
- Confirm Security Exception.