The GE Dishwasher FTD code is an error code that indicates that the dishwasher has failed to drain properly. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as a clogged drain hose or a problem with the dishwasher's pump. If the dishwasher is not draining properly, water can build up and cause this error code to appear.
Other common searches for this error include:
- ftd error code ge dishwasher
- ge dishwasher ftd code
1. Check the drain line for clogs
- Turn off the power to the dishwasher and open the dishwasher door.
- Look for any food or grease buildup on the drain line and any other parts of the dishwasher.
- Use a plunger or a bucket to clear any obstruction from the drain line.
- Close the dishwasher door and turn on the power to the dishwasher.
- Wait a few minutes for the dishwasher to finish draining.
- Look for any clogs in the drain line. If there are any clogs, use a plunger or a bucket to remove them.
- Close the dishwasher door and turn off the power to the dishwasher.
- Repeat steps 3-8 if necessary.
2. Check the water inlet for clogs or debris
There are a few different ways to check for clogs or debris in the water inlet of a dishwasher. One way is to use a snake to check for any obstructions in the water stream. Another way is to use a water hose to check for any debris or clogs in the water inlet.
3. Clean the filters
- Open the dishwasher door and check to see if the filters are dirty. If so, remove the filters and rinse them with water.
- Locate the dishwasher filter cover. It is usually on the front or rear of the dishwasher.
- Remove the filter cover and clean the filter with a brush or a cloth.
- Replace the filter cover and close the dishwasher door.
4. Clean the dishwasher interior
2.Check for clogged filters. 3.Clean the interior of the dishwasher using a dishwasher cleaner. 4.Clean the interior of the dishwasher spray arm. 5.Check for clogged drainage. 6.Check for debris buildup on the interior of the dishwasher.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run the dishwasher through a cycle with vinegar to clean the interior.