Genshin Impact Error Code 4201 is an error that can happen when trying to update the game or play it. This error is usually caused by a problem with the game's servers, and can often be fixed by restarting the game or your device.
1. Restart the game and try again
- Click the "Restart" button in the game's Options menu.
- Click the "Try Again" button.
- If the problem persists, contact customer support.
2. Update the game to the latest version
- Navigate to the "Updates" tab on the main menu
- Click on the "Update" button
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- After the update is complete, restart the game
- If the genshin impact error code 4201 still persists, please contact support
3. Re-install the game
- Close any open applications or windows on your computer.
- Go to your computer's hard drive and locate the game installation folder. This should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Genshin Impact\
- Once you have located the folder, open it and delete the Genshin Impact folder.
- Rename the Genshin Impact folder to Genshin Impact.OLD
- Copy the Genshin Impact folder that you just deleted to your computer's hard drive and paste it into the game installation folder.
- Launch the game by clicking on the Genshin Impact.OLD folder.