The HTTP status code 418 indicates that the request cannot be fulfilled because it results in a conflict with the current state of the target resource. The most common cause of this status code is when two conflicting updates are made to the same resource in quick succession.
Other common searches for this error include:
- 418 error code
- http 418
1. Try using a different browser
- Open a new browser and type "about:config" in the address bar.
- Right-click on the "Search results" text box and select "New" from the drop-down menu.
- Type "browser.newtabpage.url" in the "New" text box and press Enter.
- In the "Value" text box, type the URL of the website you were trying to access but got the http 418 error on.
- Double-click on the "browser.newtabpage.url" value to open the browser's configuration panel.
- Change the "browser.newtabpage.url" value to the URL of a website that you trust and try to access the website again.
2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- Click on the "Settings" icon on the toolbar at the top of your browser.
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- Under "History" click on the "Clear history" button.
- Under "Cookies" click on the "Clear cookies" button.
- Click on the "Close" button to Finish.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Check your internet connection.
- Try accessing the page again later.
- Contact the website's administrator to report the issue.