Hulu error 3(-996) is an error code that occurs when there is a problem with the Hulu app on your device. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as an outdated app, a corrupt file, or a problem with your device. If you see this error code, it is important to try and update the Hulu app or restart your device.
People like you are also looking for:
- hulu error code runtime-5
- hulu error 3(-996)
1. Restart your device
- Tap on the "Home" button on your device.
- Tap on "Settings" and then on "General".
- Tap on "Restart".
- Tap on "Yes".
- After your device has restarted, tap on the "Hulu" app and try to watch a show. If the error message "3(-996) - Hulu Not Available" still pops up, then you need to follow the steps below.
- If the error message "3(-996) - Hulu Not Available" does not pop up after trying to watch a show, then you can try the following steps.
- Open the "Settings" app on your device.
- Under "General", tap on "Reset".
- Tap on "Erase All Content and Settings".
- After your device has reset, try to watch a show on Hulu again.
2. Check your internet connection
- In your web browser, open the 'Settings' menu and select 'Network and Internet'.
- Click on the 'History' tab and then on the 'Activity' button.
- In the 'Activity' window, look for the entry for 'hulu.com' and click on it.
- In the 'Details' window, you will see the IP address, date and time of the connection attempt, and the error code.
- If the problem is with your internet connection, you will need to try to fix it by either upgrading your modem or changing your internet service provider.
3. Check for updates
- Navigate to the Hulu website.
- Click on the "Updates" link in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Click on the "Check for Updates" button.
- If there are any updates available, they will be displayed in the "Available Updates" section.
- Click on the "Update Now" button to install the updates.
4. Delete and reinstall the app
- Launch the Hulu app on your device.
- If you are not already logged in, enter your Hulu login information.
- Tap on the Menu button in the top-left corner of the app screen.
- Select Settings.
- Under the “General” tab, tap on the “Apps” button.
- Select the Hulu app from the list of installed apps.
- Tap on the “Delete App” button.
- Confirm your deletion by tapping on the “Delete App” button again.
- Tap on the “Install App” button to re-install the Hulu app on your device.
- Enter your Hulu login information again when prompted.
- The Hulu app should now be installed and ready to use.
5. Contact customer support
- Open the Hulu website.
- Click on the "Help" link in the top right corner.
- Under "Support," click on "Contact Us."
- Enter your contact information and click "Submit."
- A representative from Hulu will contact you to resolve the issue.