The oblivion error code 80 is a problem that can occur when trying to launch the game. This error is typically caused by a file being missing or corrupt. There are a few ways to fix this problem, but the most common is to simply re-install the game. This should replace any missing or corrupt files and allow the game to launch properly.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- oblivion error code 80
- oblivion failed to start error code 80
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Shut down your computer
- Restart your computer
- When you restart your computer, press the F8 key to open the boot menu.
- Select your operating system, and then press the restart button.
- After your computer restarts, open Windows Explorer, and then try to open Oblivion again.
2. Delete any mods you have installed and try again
- Click on "Data Files"
- Find and select the mod you want to delete
- Click on "Delete"
- Click on "Yes" when prompted to confirm deletion
3. Reinstall Oblivion
- Close all programs and windows that are using Oblivion
- Uninstall Oblivion if it is installed
- Download and install the Oblivion Reinstallation Disk
- Double-click on the Oblivion Reinstallation Disk icon
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Reinstall Oblivion
- Once Oblivion has been reinstalled, launch it and check for any errors
- If there are any errors, repeat the steps to fix them
4. Try running Oblivion in compatibility mode
- Launch Oblivion and click on the "Data Files" tab.
- Click on the "Compatibility Mode" button.
- Choose the "Windows XP" operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the "OK" button.
- Click on the "Start" button.
- When Oblivion has loaded, click on the "Play" button.
- If the error code 80 appears, close Oblivion and try running it again in compatibility mode.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Try running Oblivion as an administrator.
- Check for updates for your graphics drivers and install them.
- Disable any antivirus software you have running and try again.
- Try running Oblivion on a different computer.