The origin error code 14:-1 is a code that indicates that there was an error in the origin server. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but usually indicates that the server was unable to process the request. This can be due to a number of factors, such as a heavy load on the server, a problem with the server's configuration, or a problem with the code that is responsible for handling the request.
1. Update your graphics drivers
1.Open Device Manager by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting "Device Manager". 2.Locate your graphics card and double-click on it. 3.In the "Driver" tab, locate the "Display Driver" category and select it. 4.In the "Display Driver" window, locate the "Driver Version" tab and select "Update Driver". 5.In the "Driver Update Options" window, select "Browse my computer for driver software". 6.In the "Computer" window, locate the folder where your graphics drivers are installed and select it. 7.In the "Driver File" window, locate the graphics driver file and select it. 8.Click on "Browse" and select the folder where the driver installation files are located. 9.Click on "OK" to start the driver update process.
2. Verify your game files
- Navigate to your game's installation folder.
- Locate the "Origin" folder.
- Locate the "Binaries" folder.
- Locate the "Data" folder.
- Locate the "Config" folder.
- Locate the "GameInfo.txt" file.
- Inspect the file for any errors.
- If there are any errors, fix them using the instructions provided.
3. Reinstall the game
- Launch Origin and sign in.
- Click on the "Games" tab and select the game you wish to reinstall.
- On the game's product page, click on the "Install Game" button.
- On the installation window, click on the "Repair Game" button.
- On the "Repair Game" window, click on the "Restore Game Files" button.
- Navigate to the "Origin Games" folder and select the "Origin Games" folder.
- Select the "config.ini" file and click on the "Open" button.
- On the "config.ini" file, locate the "Origin Games" section and set the "GameDir" value to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games".
- Click on the "OK" button and restart Origin.
- After Origin has restarted, select the game you wish to reinstall and click on the "Install Game" button.
4. Reset your graphics settings
- Click on the "Main Menu" button in the top left corner of the Origin window.
- Select "Settings."
- Under "General," select "Reset Graphics."
- Click on "Reset Graphics" to reset your graphics settings.
- If the issue still persists, try reinstalling Origin.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run the game in compatibility mode
- Disable your antivirus software
- Temporarily disable your firewall
- Contact EA Support