What is Outlook error 0x800ccc0e?
Outlook error 0x800ccc0e is an error that usually occurs when Outlook is not authenticating the account on the server while sending a mail so the outgoing mail server rejects the message.
How can you fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0e?
Some of the solutions to this error include disabling the anti-virus, installing the latest browser version, and configuring Microsoft Outlook.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Disable Anti-virus
Outlook error 0x800ccc0e usually occurs when an anti-virus is interrupting the process. You may want to disable the SSL scanning or Scan outgoing email to avoid the error. You may also temporarily disable the anti-virus.
- Open your anti-virus.
- Look for an SSL scanning or Scan outgoing email messages, disable it.
- Then disable Anti-virus Firewall.
- Try again.
- If this does not work, disable your anti-virus.
- Try again.
2. Download and install the latest browser version
Outlook error 0x800ccc0e could also be caused by an outdated internet browser. Update your browser and try MS Outlook again.
3. Configure Microsoft Outlook
Outlook error 0x800ccc0e may also occur when MS outlook has a misconfigured setting. You may want to try the configuration below. Or ask your IT administrator to configure it, if you are on a private network.
Manually configure server settings
- In Add account, enable Manually configure server settings and then click Next.
- Fill up User information, Server information, and Logon information.
- Then click More Settings.
- Configure your SSL and TSL and then click OK.
Disable Get folder unread count for subscribed folders
- Click the MS Outlook, click File Tab ==>select Option.
- In MS Outlook Option, click Advance and then click Send and receive.
- In Send and receive window, click Edit.
- In Send/Receive settings - All Accounts, uncheck Get folder unread count for subscribed folders and fill Use custom behavior define below.