PS4 error ce-34788-0
What is PS4 error ce-34788-0?
PS4 error ce-34788-0 is an error that usually occurs when the firmware update is incorrect. It may also occur right after the user has initialized their system after a hard drive replacement.
How can you fix PS4 error ce-34788-0?
Some of the solutions to this error include double-checking the firmware version and using the correct firmware if you recently installed a new hard drive.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Double check the Firmware version
PS4 error CE-34788-0 may appear when you are updating your PS4 using a firmware, which is already installed. Please double check it. The folder should be named PS4. Next folder should be named UPDATE. Then paste the firmware into the UPDATE folder with a filename PS4UPDATE.PUP (all capital).
NOTE: If you installed a new Hard disk drive, please see Solution 2.
Solution 2. Use the correct Firmware
If the error PS4 error CE-34788-0 appeared after you swap your hard disk drive, you may have used a wrong firmware. In the PS4 system software website there is two firmware. One is for the update and the other one is formating PS4 hard disk drive. If you have a new hard disk, use the firmware for formatting, see instruction below.
- Go here.
- Expand the “Perform a new installation of the system software.”
- Click “DOWNLOAD NOW” to start the download.
- Insert the USB Flash Drive.
- Open it, then create a folder name it PS4.
- Inside the PS4 folder, create a folder name it UPDATE.
- Copy and paste the firmware PS4UPDATE.PUP inside the UPDATE folder.
- Insert the USB flash drive to the PS4 and apply the system update.