PS4 error WC-40382-7
What is ‘PS4 error WC-40382-7’?
“PS4 error WC-40382-7” is an error that may occur when the credit card information stored is invalid.
How can you fix ‘PS4 error WC-40382-7’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Double checking the credit card information
- Using an internet browser when adding a payment method
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Double check Credit Card Information
“PS4 error WC-40382-7” may occur when your credit card information is wrong. Posted below are some tips from Sony PlayStation.
NOTE: It is easier to add a card using computer browser as in Solution 2.
- Make sure cardholder name, card number, CVV code (last three digits on the signature strip), expiry date and address are correct and match the details attached to your credit/ debit card account.
- Make sure the order of your address matches what your card issuer has on their system, including all abbreviations.
- Use a card that has a street address. For example, do not use a PO Box or BFPO address.
- Do not use “pre-paid credit cards” as they often do not require an address to be attached and will be incompatible with AVS.
- If your address includes a flat or apartment number or your name or address includes any special characters like asterisks (*), hyphens (-), apostrophes (‘) and slashes ( / ) do not include them.
- If your name or address contains characters such as ‘ß’, ‘ä’ or ‘ç’ please replace them with the nearest letter from the standard 26 letter Latin alphabet (for example, for ‘ß’ use ‘ss’, for ‘ä’ use ‘a’ or for ‘ç’ use ‘c’).
Also, you may want to copy the information from your billing statement. If in the record, your name or your address is capitalized, please capitalize it in the text box, too. PlayStation seems to be case sensitive when it comes to credit card information.
Solution 2. Use internet browser when adding a payment method
“PS4 error WC-40382-7” may also be caused by a bug or your information is incorrect. You may want to use internet browsers such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and log in to this link https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action. Then, follow the instruction below.
- Go to account details, and then click location.
- Look for the street address edit your address and save.
- Then go to Wallet, add a debit/ credit card.
NOTE: You may delete the existing cards that are not used anymore.
- Input your information, and make sure to use a residential address for the card.
- After saving, go back to the PlayStation Store and try to purchase.
Sometimes, the PS4 may require a shutdown for at least three minutes to apply the settings. This may be caused by the cache stored in your PS4.