Rinnai Code 11 is an error code that indicates that the appliance is not able to properly vent. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but the most common is that the venting system is blocked or restricted in some way. This can be caused by a number of things, including lint build-up, debris, or even animals nesting in the venting system. If the code 11 error is displayed, it is important to have a qualified technician inspect the appliance to determine the cause of the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code 11 rinnai
- rinnai water heater error code 11
- rinnai tankless error code 11
- rinnai heater error code 11
- rinnai code 11
1. Check the gas line for leaks
- Make sure all gas lines are properly capped and tagged.
- Check for breaks in the gas line.
- Check for leaks around fittings and valves.
- Replace any defective parts.
2. Make sure the main power switch is turned on
The steps to make sure the main power switch is turned on in order to fix rinnai code 11 are as follows:
- First, turn off all of the lights in the home by turning off the switches in the hallway, the living room, and the bedrooms.
- Next, find the main power switch and turn it on to the "on" position.
- Finally, test to see if the rinnai code 11 error message has disappeared.
3. Check the circuit breaker or fuse
- Determine if the breaker or fuse is blown.
- If it is, replace the breaker or fuse.
- Reset the circuit breaker or fuse.
- Check the system again.
4. Check the thermostat settings
- Open the hood and locate the thermostat.
- On the thermostat, look for a small screw on the front.
- Loosen the screw and turn the thermostat knob to the desired temperature.
- Replace the screw and tighten.
- Close the hood.
- Turn on the ignition and the A/C.
- After a few minutes, check the temperature on the display.
- If the temperature is not correct, repeat steps 3-7.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check for obstructions in the exhaust vent.
- Check the igniter.
- Check the burner.
- Check the gas pressure.
- Clean the flame rod.
- Replace the thermocouple.