The Roblox error code 920 is a connection error that can be caused by a variety of factors. The most common reason for this error is a poor internet connection. This can be caused by a number of things, including a weak Wi-Fi signal, interference from other devices, or a problem with your ISP. Another common cause of this error is a firewall or antivirus program that is blocking Roblox from connecting to the internet.
1. Check your internet connection and try again
First, try to check your internet connection by clicking on the "My Settings" button and looking for the "Connection" section. If your internet connection is working, then you can try to fix roblox error code 920 by verifying your game files. To do this, you will need to copy your game files to your computer and then try to start the game again. If the problem still persists, you may need to contact customer support.
2. Try restarting your computer
- Click on the "Start" button on your computer.
- Type in "cmd" and press enter.
- Type in "net stop robocopy" and press enter.
- Type in "net start robocopy" and press enter.
- If the error code 920 still persists, you may need to reinstall the Roblox game.
3. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies
- Open your browser and go to the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Internet Options."
- On the "General" tab, click on the "Cache" button.
- Clear the cache and cookies.
- Reload the page.
- If the error still persists, try resetting your browser's settings.
4. Try using a different browser
First, try using a different browser. Some browsers may have more recent updates that might fix the issue. If using a different browser does not work, try reinstalling the roblox application.
5. Contact Roblox customer support
First, find the roblox error code 920 that is causing the problem. Next, search for the roblox support page that corresponds to the error code 920. On the roblox support page, find the contact information for customer support. Finally, use the contact information to send an email to customer support.