The HE error code on a Samsung dryer means that there is a problem with the high limit thermostat. This error code can happen for a few reasons, such as if the dryer is overloading, if the vent is blocked, or if the air flow is restricted. If the high limit thermostat is tripped, it will need to be reset before the dryer can be used again.
1. Clean the lint filter
To clean the lint filter on a Samsung dryer, first turn off the dryer and disconnect the power cord. Then use a vacuum cleaner to remove all of the lint and debris from the filter. Replace the filter and reconnect the power cord.
2. Clean the vent
- Open the front door of the dryer and remove the removable panel on the bottom of the dryer.
- Remove the screws holding the vent in place and remove the vent.
- Clean the vent with a vacuum cleaner and a damp cloth.
- Reinstall the vent and screws.
- Reinstall the panel on the bottom of the dryer.
3. Check the heating element
- Turn off the dryer and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Open the dryer door.
- Look for the heating element and remove it if necessary.
- Inspect the heating element for any damage.
- Replace the heating element if necessary.
- Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet and turn on the dryer.
- Check the dryer for any error codes.
4. Check the thermostat
1.Press and hold the power button on the dryer for at least 5 seconds. 2.Remove the front panel of the dryer. 3.Look for the thermistor, and if it is dirty or damaged, replace it. 4.Look for the blower motor, and if it is dirty or damaged, replace it. 5.Check the wires for the thermistor and blower motor, and if they are dirty or damaged, replace them. 6.Replace any damaged or dirty parts. 7.Replace the thermal fuse if it is blown. 8.Replace the thermostat if it is defective.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check the dryer belt