The sy ef error code on a Frigidaire refrigerator indicates that there is a problem with the evaporator fan. This error code typically occurs when the evaporator fan motor is not working properly or when the evaporator fan blade is obstructed.
You are here because you have a question about:
- 5y ef error code
- sy ef error code frigidaire
- frigidaire error code sy ef
- frigidaire refrigerator error code ef
- sy ef error code frigidaire refrigerator
- sy ef frigidaire
1. Adjust the thermostat
- Open the front cover of the refrigerator.
- locate the thermostat on the top surface of the refrigerator.
- Rotate the thermostat to the "off" position.
- Open the door of the refrigerator and remove the insulation panel.
- Locate the wires that connect the thermostat to the refrigerator.
- Twist the wires in a clockwise direction until they are secure.
- Reinstall the insulation panel and close the door of the refrigerator.
- Turn the thermostat back to the "on" position.
2. Clean the coils
- Remove the cover of the refrigerator.
- Remove the coils from the freezer and fridge.
- Clean the coils with a wire brush.
- Reinstall the coils.
- Replace the cover.
3. Check the door gasket
- Turn off the power to the refrigerator and open the door.
- Remove the two screws that hold the bottom panel in place.
- Lift the bottom panel off of the refrigerator.
- Look for the gasket on the door. If it is missing, replace it.
- Replace the bottom panel and screws.
- Reinstall the door gasket.
4. Check for leaks
- Check for water leaks by checking around the base, seals and any other possible entry points for water.
- Check for gas leaks by turning off the breaker and/or checking for any flames or sparks coming from the appliance.
- Check for refrigerant leaks by opening the cap and releasing the refrigerant. If the refrigerant appears colored or has a strange odor, it may be leaking and needs to be replaced.
Some users might also have success with:
- Adjust the leveling.
- Check the fan.
- Check the compressor.